- This event has passed.
KC Regional FIRST® Training: FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge (Day 2)
July 27 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$500
Join the FIRST Education team in Missouri for two, fun hands-on days to help you deliver our robotics program to your students ages 9-14.
About this event
Join us for FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge in-person professional development at the KC STEM Alliance in Kansas City, Missouri. You will work with other teachers during this two-day learning experience that provides you with all the tools you need to facilitate this FIRST® program and achieve STEM learning objectives in your classroom.
PLEASE NOTE: The first session starts on Tuesday, July 26, 2022 from 8:30am – 5:30pm. The second session is on Wednesday, July 27, 2022, from 8:00am – 3:30 pm. Please make travel arrangements to allow to attend both sessions the full amount of time.
As a participant in the FIRST LEGO League Challenge immersive learning experience you will:
- Learn to foster student computational thinking and collaboration skills, and how to guide students through the science behind the Challenge theme and facilitate the creative design of a solution to a real-world problem
- Utilize, model, and reinforce the FIRST® Core Values
- Work in small groups with other attendees using either a LEGO®Education SPIKE™ Prime or LEGO® Education Mindstorms® EV3 robot
- Participate in the FIRST experience from a student’s point of view and more!
FIRST will provide:
- FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge Set (including Field mat and Mission Model elements)
- Digital copies of the Team Meeting Guide, Engineering Notebook and Robot Game Rulebook
- Either a LEGO Education SPIKE Prime or LEGO Education MINDSTORMS EV3
You need to bring:
- Computer with Internet Access
- Software downloaded prior to first session – https://education.lego.com/en-us/downloads – Select Spike Prime or EV3 and then click on the drop arrow to choose your device for downloading– note: be sure to download, install and restart your computer
REGISTER HERE (Registration is for days 1 & 2)