The following Meets are scheduled in the Kansas City area during the 2019-20 season. Note: Meets are subject to registration numbers and may be cancelled if low registration. See the Calendar for the latest information on Meets (Calendar can be filtered by FTC). All Meet days will have two meets, one held in the morning and one held in the evening.
Nov 2: Notre Dame de Sion
Nov 9: Heritage Christian Academy
Nov 16: Center High School
Dec 7: KC Engineering Zone, hosted by Cobalt Colts and Astromechs
Jan 18: St. Teresa’s Academy
Jan 25: Lee’s Summit High School
Meets are short, robot play-only events that help teams with their iterative design process.
- 12 teams play five matches each (no judging or alliances)
- Meets are approximately 4 hours long; great for after school events or quick weekend events
- Your team fee covers up to two meets, but participation is optional.
- Choose from any of the meets listed, not limited to geographic area (we don’t play League model)
- Ranking Points and Tie Breaker Points are used to determine ranking within Conferences (NW, SW, NE or SE)
- Top ranked teams advance to Conference Qualifier.
- Note: Teams are required to play in a Qualifier in order to advance through the Meet System.
Note: In the Kansas City area, all of our Meet days include two independent Meets that can be registered for independently. Time frames are:
- Meet one – 8am-noon
- Meet two – 1pm-5pm
The following Qualifiers are scheduled in the Kansas City area during the 2019-20 season. Note: Qualifiers are subject to registration numbers and may be cancelled if low registration. See the Calendar for the latest information on Qualifiers (Calendar can be filtered by FTC).
Dec 14: Pleasant Lea Middle School (Lee’s Summit)
Jan 11: Yeokum Center of Innovation (Belton)
Feb 1: Potential Qualifier TBD
Feb 8: Potential Make-up Date if cancellation occurs
Feb 15: Western Conference Qualifier at Blue Springs High School (must qualify through Meets)
Qualifiers are a complete competition day, including judging, qualifying rounds, alliance selections and awards.
- Qualifiers advance teams directly to the Missouri Championship.
- All MO/KS teams are required to attend a qualifier if they wish to advance via the meet system.
- Registration will be through MO/KS systems–not through your dashboard.
This site offers detailed information about meets and qualifiers in the MO/KS region.