- This event has passed.
KC Regional FIRST® Training: FIRST® Tech Challenge (Day 2)
July 28 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$500
Join the FIRST Education team in Missouri for two fun hands-on days to help you deliver our robotics program to your students ages 12-18.
About this event
Join us for FIRST® Tech Challenge in-person professional development at KC STEM Alliance in Kansas City, Missouri. You will work with other teachers during this two-day learning experience that provides you with all the tools you need to facilitate this FIRST® program and achieve STEM learning objectives in your classroom.
PLEASE NOTE: The first session starts on Thursday, July 28, 2022 from 8:30am – 5:30pm. The second session is on Friday, July 29, 2022, from 8:00am – 3:30 pm. Please make travel arrangements to allow to attend both sessions the full amount of time.
As a participant in the FIRST Tech Challenge immersive learning experience you will:
- Work in small groups with other attendees using either a Pitsco or REV robot
- Understand how to code using Blockly programming software
- Utilize, model, and reinforce the FIRST Core Values
- Learn how to facilitate hands-on activities for the classroom or after-school programs and more!
- Participate in the FIRST experience from a student’s point of view and more!
FIRST will provide:
- Either Pitsco or REV robot
- Control and Communication Set
- Electronics Module and Sensor Set
You need to bring:
- Computer with Internet Access
REGISTER HERE (Registration is for days 1 & 2)