KC Regional FIRST® Training: FIRST® LEGO® League Explore (Day 1)
July 26 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$500
Join the FIRST Education team in Missouri for two fun, hands-on days to help you deliver our robotics program to your students ages 6-10.
About this event
Join us for FIRST® LEGO® League Explore in-person professional development at the KC STEM Alliance in Kansas City, Missouri. You will work with other teachers during this two-day learning experience that provides you with all the tools you need to facilitate this FIRST® program and achieve STEM learning objectives in your classroom.
PLEASE NOTE: Please make travel arrangements to allow to attend both sessions the full amount of time July 26-27, 8:30am – 3:30pm.
As a participant in the FIRST LEGO League Explore immersive learning experience you will:
- Learn to foster student computational thinking and collaboration skills, and how to guide students through the science behind the Explore theme and facilitate the creative design of a solution to a real-world problem
- Utilize, model, and reinforce the FIRST® Core Values
- Work in small groups with other attendees using either a LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Essential or LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0 robot
- Participate in the FIRST FIRST LEGO League Explore (grades 2-4)experience from a student’s point of view and more!
FIRST will provide:
- FIRST® LEGO® League Explore Set
- Digital copies of the Team Meeting Guide and Engineering Notebook
- Either a LEGO Education SPIKE Essential or LEGO Education WeDo 2.0
You need to bring:
- Computer with Internet Access
- Software downloaded prior to first session – https://education.lego.com/en-us/downloads – Select Spike Essential or WeDo 2.0 and then click on the drop arrow to choose your device for downloading– note: be sure to download, install and restart your computer
REGISTER HERE (Registration is for days 1 & 2)